View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 AM   #75
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

This is a good read about Clancy Ross and how he prepared for the 1955 Mr. Universe.

http://www.fitflex.com/clancy-ross-training.html

Bodybuilding Legend Clancy Ross: In-Depth Training Interview.

During the early to / mid 1950's Clancy Ross was dubbed "the King of the Bodybuilders" by the Welder magazines Muscle Power and Your Physique. He earned the nickname because he'd won all the major physique titles, such as Mr. America, Mr. USA, Pro Mr. America and Mr. North America, as well as everything else in sight, except Mr. Universe, which was then the sport's most prestigious competition. (The Mr. Olympia didn't come into being until 1965, after Clancy had retired from competition.)

I believe that Clancy got that nickname not only because he had one of the most fabulous physiques ever seen at that time, but because he had the personality and charisma to match. And what a showman he was! He could captivate an audience and hold it spellbound with dynamic, artistic posing that I consider to be the best I've ever seen. I saw him perform at a show that was produced by Leo Stern in San Diego, and on that occasion Clancy posed nonstop for 10 minutes without hitting the same shot twice. No other bodybuilder-before or since-could have duplicated that feat. Clancy was definitely the Rembrandt, as well as the king, of the posing platform........

Last edited by glwanabe; 02-13-2011 at 04:27 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote