View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
thanks for the quick responses guys. The reason I want to bench further into the workout is because i've always put bench first and focused on it and I want to switch to focus on my rowing and shoulder pressing for a while, my rowing is weak compared to my pressing.

Also I'm going to take GL's suggestion and move SLDL to the end and add in the extra movements on wednesday. was the Close Grip/DB Row meant to be like a superset sort of thing or pick one or the other?

And does the total volume look good doing 3 heavy sets per exercise?
SO,

The volume looks good, the Reg Park style 5x5 WORKS. I really like how your thinking about this.

The DB/CGBP There are a couple of different ways to go about it.

I would superset them at a light weight as a general warmup. Not so heavy as to be a pre exhaust, but enough that you don't feel any need for further warmup or stiffness as you go into the dips, and chin movements.

There is another idea as well that you could try.

How many dips and chins can you do right now?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote