View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post

I think the biggest thing about pin press is that when you press starting at the bottom position you take a different bar path than your normal bench groove, but if you treat it like a regular bench and then just slightly pause on the pins, is it very different than board press??

What are your thoughts and experiences with each??
Your point above is a big one for me. I tried high pin presses (at the same height as 2-3 board press) with very heavy weight and I lost my groove each and every time I set the bar down. I didn't like this because it left too much room open for shoulder tweaks.

If I were to do them again I would simply lower the bar to the pin like a normal bench, but not set the bar down.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote