View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I've come to regard shoulder training as needing a higher priority than chest work. Your shoulders are a complex joint and need careful attention, as well as being strong to support other heavy work. Bench, deads, rows, dips, chins, front squatting, all of these moves hit the delts in some fashion.

There's several ways to employ pressing movements. BHN pressing, Standing pressing from the front, partial reps at the top. You could do a pretty decent job of even development with, bench, rows, and standing, or BHN presses. I don't think you need lots of iso work. Infact, I think it's worse in the long run, due to so much assistance work from other moves.

Upright rows. I like them, but as I, and others have said there is a way to do them. I do them to hit my medial delts. Wide grip, and only pull the chest, not the chin. I use them as a way to buld width and define that area. I'm not doing them at this time however.

I don't do heavy rear lateral work, but I do some very light work. I use about and 8lb dumbell just to get the area warmed up. Bent rows hit them pretty hard.

I've done a little bit of partial reps with the bar overhead, and then lowering to about the top of my head, then push it back up. This hits the Medial delt, and tri's nicely. I read about this from Bill Pearl.

Like everything I do lately, it's about keeping it simple.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote