Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
What is the rest like between cluster sets? And how do you determine when it's time to move up in weight? Looks like a very solid training approach!
Rest is an average of 20 secs between the parts of a cluster set.
Maybe a little longer when its getting tough or the last reps was to failure or close to failure, and maybe a little shorter when all is going easy.
The same goes with rest-pause and bulldozer sets.

When I get all the reps of a cluster set solid and good executed, I move up in weight.
A strange thing lately is, when I use clusters, I always get the reps and always add weight the next workout, about 2-3% and go on.

Somedays when I feel from the start or the earlier sets, that my power is down a little bit, I make this day an back-off day and use a little bit lesser weight and mostly do straight sets only.
It happens for about 2-3 times out of 10 for me for the most training days.
BRaWNy is online now   Reply With Quote