Thread: Food or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breilid View Post
Thank you, this was readable!

My primary target was to cut the fat and keep the muscle, but now it feels possible to gain muscle, and by minimazing the fat my belly will get awesome?

I dont count calories, and know nothing about my daily calorie intake so this i should set as a goal. And the same about proteins, i dont eat this frequent proteins meal every few hours...

But how many calories should i have each day? is it ca. 200g protein + 370g carbs?

You can say that i am finding out what is needed or wanted to get the results i want!
I would definitely start eating the frequent meals every 2.5 to 3 hours. They don't need to be big meals, as long as you are eating protein throughout the day. They can look like this:

--Breakfast
--Snack
--Lunch
--Snack
--Dinner
--Evening Snack

You can also add in post-workout nutrition, like a whey protein shake and a banana - or something like that.

At 85 kg (or 187 pounds), if you want to minimize fat gains and still gain muscle, I would eat around:

--Protein - 190 to 230 grams
--Carbs - 375 grams
--Fats - 130 grams

This comes to around 3400 calories. Watch the scale, and if you are gaining more than a pound per month I would back off the carbs and fats slightly. Everyone's metabolism is different, so you may need fewer carbs and fats.

Don't feel that you need land these numbers exactly. It's good enough to be close. As long as you're eating your protein, and eating about what you need each day for calories, you should be fine without having to worry about every little calorie.

It's all about knowing about what you eat every day so you can make small adjustments along the way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote