View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
As long as you are going about your program and paying attention to how your body feels both mentally and physically. Keep pushing the envelope because you will never know what you are truly capable of. That's just my 2 cents.
^ Good stuff.

I used to really fear overtraining. I did an Arnold split at the age of 20 for about 3-4 months and I was toast. I was tired, my back was killing me, and I felt like something was wrong.

Eventually I learned that training is an evolutionary process, and small changes over time are ok. Right now I rarely get much soreness anymore, and could train 7 days a week if I wanted to.

I think the big issue with training is that guys try to add too much, too soon with no reasoning behind it.

I am interviewing Tom Martin, a lifter who deadlifts over 700 at a bodyweight under 200, and he told me his secret was to slowly increase the volume. He squats every day of the week, and deadlifts (I believe) twice a week.

BTW, was this trainer as big, or as strong as you D?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote