PCT
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I hear you on the mental aspect of the 20 rep stuff. I like your plan as a way to step up into the higher % work zone. There is also the aspect of the conditioning effect that these higher rep sets have. I think 70% of max is a good place to start to work from, and go from there in most cases.

I really think most people would have to pull back midweek to a lower % of max number so as to be able to work Monday and Friday at 70% or better.

I definately agree that 90% and above is brutal. I don't see a need to work there to often unless your training for that lift as part of a new max attampt. 85% is generally plenty high.

A little lower on the % numbers helps to save the joints for future years down the road. At 48 my body has suddenly decided that it will start to dictate terms to me on what I can do.
yeah couldnt go balls to the wall on the 20 rep sets three days a week...

would need alot of rest and food to recover from a routine like that
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote