View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzashley View Post
Thank you all for your awesome advice, I had thought staying away from cardio would not harm me! I guess it didnt' harm me, but didn't get my anywhere either, so today, did back and tris really heavy, then did 30 minutes of intervals on eliptical then some kettlebell swings til I couldn't do more.

Waht is your guy's take on when you're trying ot lose fat (by doing cardio, cardio, cardio) and if I"m carb cycling and also trying to gain mass in upper body and lift heavy, when should I do cardio? I lift 5 days of the week and the other 2, since I have goals, can do cardio (need a day off?---unless my body tells me!) but when I lift, maybe just do hiit afterwards? then have a protein shake and no sugar/carbs right after since I did cardio after lifting? usually i"ll have some gummy bears and then a protein shake immediateyl after lifting session, but if I'm trying to do cardio to to tap into my fat stores, just protein shake? then avoid carbs for dinner one hour later? so much to think about! so many options to do....thanks guys
You can really do cardio whenever convenient. It's a pretty heated debate as to what form is best, and when it's best to do it. But with that said, from an insider's perspective I see people successful on many plans.

I would do HIIT post-workout if you can, and get the work done for the day.

I would recommend either taking Scivation Xtend during and after lifting and before cardio, or have a whey shake after lifting and before cardio. (If you can handle something in your stomach for cardio). If you just take Xtend, have something like a whey shake and a banana after cardio.

About one hour later you want half of your daily carbs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote