View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Right now you are in the off-season. This is a good time to start counting calories, and learning how your body reacts. Losing the belly fat while adding muscle is going to be tricky.

I think cycling carbs is a solid approach. While it may not lead to fat loss while adding muscle, it should help to minimize any fat gains.

A rough place to start is:

--Protein - 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.
--Carbs - 1.5 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight.
--Fat - 20 to 30% of your daily calories.

Right now simply eating healthy is most likely a detriment. Most women tend to undereat protein, and eat too many carbs. You need to move from the stage of "eating healthy" to "eating to maximize your body composition." This will involve a time of micromanaging your intake to learn your body.

My wife eats healthy, but always thinks she's eating more protein than she is. To her, high protein is about 50 to 70 grams per day. She then ends up eating about 50 to 100 more grams of carbs per day to fill the hunger gap.

I can't say that you're undereating protein. I'm only talking out loud. But it may be the case. And this might make it seem like your carb sensitive when you're really just eating too many - if that makes sense?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote