Thread: Rack Pulls
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
No offense to you either but i have been putting in alot of work while u havent been able to get on bro so im actually a little farther along then you think bro, yeah i loved the john christy appreciation thread taught me some new things, thanks again for your wisdom ill hold off on the rack pulls
Coop, you're still a beginner. And don't take that as a bad thing, or as me putting you down. It's not meant that way.

You are putting in work, and that's a great thing. But you are facing a temptation right now to make things too complicated. Simple is really the best way to go for a very long time.

I used the same workout for nearly 20 years, with small tweaks of course. I'm not telling you need to do that, or to model me, but I do want to encourage you to find a program that you like, and that you want to use, and to commit to it for a year.

We've given you a lot of great programs this year. The real key for you is to find one of them you love, and are willing to commit too, and to just keeping working.

You will know when you're past that beginner stage when you know for certain how to gain muscle and strength based on your body and it's demands. Right now you've gained some weight, but your muscular development still needs another 10 pounds before I would consider you an advanced beginner.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote