Thread: Rack Pulls
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
i understand what ur saying gl, and the vid will be posted today, i will upload to youtube and then post them here when i get back im about to go do some cardio
I think your getting to far ahead of yourself. You have a desire to be doing more advanced work than you need at this time. Your worried about your roof when the foundation isn't done.

You could still be doing a starting strength program and making good progress with linear gains, if you were working it hard. At one time you were going to do a Reg Park basic program. If you had stuck to that plan you could still be milking that program for good gains.

Just stick to the basics, and work full range of motion movements. Your not ready for, nor do you need rack pulls. If you wanted an alternate DL move, I would suggest SLDL's.

Put that energy you have into solid foundation work. You will be happy you did. Did you read the John Christy thread I linked the other day?

Go back and read this one again.

The Real Arnold Schwarzenegger Beginner Programs Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Nothing fancy, just heavy work on the basics. When your deadlifting 500 plus then lets talk about some more advanced methods to strengthen weak spots in your chain. Right now your whole chain is weak. Thats not an insult at you, it's true for me as well.

The other day I asked you where you saw yourself, and you said intermediate. Your not there yet. Your still a beginner. Hell, I'm a beginner again after my layoff. I'll be back faster than you due to muscle memory if nothing else happens, but right now I'm a beginner again. I will be making linear gains as I rebuild my strength back.

Before I got injured I was just into intermediate ability. I'm a pretty harsh judge on myself, but I'm also a realist. EGO hurts more people in this sport than the weights do. Slow and steady, unless you want to be a part of the stats, and watch from the sidelines for awhile.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote