View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
BtB, i am shocked and almost appalled you havent seen American Psycho before. Patrick Bateman is the definition of a great movie character, haha.

If you don't mind, i would like to hear some non spoilerish details on Monsters. Very curious to see it, as it looks in the vein of cloverfield/diary of the dead in how its shot.
I am surprised I missed American Psycho. I watch so many movies. i would like to read the book next.

Monsters has a love theme, but despite some of the reviews, is not a pure love story. The main characters aren't all spit and polished, Harvard graduate scientists, etc., like in so many movies. They stink and sweat and drink too much at times.

I thought the acting was very good. It's not a hand held camera movie like Cloverfield, which I liked. I hated the fact that Cloverfield was shaky.

I would definitely say it's worth a watch. I was entertained.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote