Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What's the most you guys think could be added from a single ply bench shirt?

I saw an article at Critical Bench where a guy reviewed a shirt and said he got 200-225 out of a single ply. I didn't think that was possible, but I am naive on gear, so I wanted to ask.

(This isn't for me - I will never own one. I'm simply curious.)
It is possible to get 200lbs but very very uncommon. If you look at the guys from SuperTraining, Mark Bell and Juan Laija get good results from single ply, super tight closed back shirts,super tweaked out and JACKED up, but they are elite more or less lifters with lots of years, and experience working with bench shirts.

I use a hand me down single ply Metal bench shirt that has had the back cut, and the most I have partially benched about 4inched above my chest is around 365-385. I barely and rarely use it or have time to use it, so its not like you magically get any weight out of it lol.

Also too some guys have so many injuries that their raw #'s drastically suck compared to their geared lifts, that could explain it too, but like I said you can't just put on a shirt and get lbs out of it. You need to work the living hell out of it for awhile first.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote