View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #14
Mauler97
New Brawn
Points: 1,068, Level: 17 Points: 1,068, Level: 17 Points: 1,068, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Mauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributor

I think you guys are right, there is a huge difference between 10 rep strength and 1 rep strength and the calculators are just a very rough estimate.

Steve sent me a great 1-rep rest pause routine that I will follow to get that max up. My goal is to raw lift 400lbs by New Years, and I will take video of it.

I figure if I post my plan here I will have extra motivation to get it done.

I'm going to follow the principles of the Spike Diet when it comes to junk food only on the weekends. I will eat at 3,500 surplus every week to add the extra muscle.

That would be about 2,500 calories Monday-Thursday and then 4,000 Friday, 6,000 Saturday, and 5,000 on Sunday.
I will also up my protein from 220 grams to 300 a day.

Or is 300 grams too much? I've read so many conflicting stories on that.

I just weighed myself and I'm 224lbs, my bodyfat is about 12-13%, I know having a surplus meens I will probably gain a little bit of fat but I will also be doing more intense workouts.

Do you think I should go with 4 day splits, or should I keep a full week of recovery in there?

In March I plan on going back to one Spike Day a week and dropping the extra fat to get ripped for the summer again.

I do so much better when I have a plan in place.

I am really excited for my rest-pause workout on Monday.

Thanks guys
The Spike Diet is my dream come true. 20 years of yo-yo dieting is now at an end, and I am now finally able to follow a plan for the rest of my life that will keep me fit and not deprive myself of the foods I love.

Please visit www.spikediet.com for more information.
Mauler97 is offline   Reply With Quote