Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Jesse you in luck as deadlift is my best lift but first the basics.

When getting ready for a meet, I like to hit numbers heavier then the weight I plan on lifting for a partial range of motions, so that my Central nervous system doesn't get fired and I can prepare it for the big lifts. Lifting for one rep maxes form sometimes goes out the window on what you think is good and what actually works. Now when lifting raw, partial movements don't help as much so I suggest just hitting them in max effort sparingly. Trick is to strengthen everything then use assistance work to hit weakness.

Now how you set this up all depends on your resources. I go to a pretty stacked gym complete with rubber matts,boards,bands, chains, monolift,safety chain suspensions,power rack, forza bench, olympic platform, all types of bars, plates,etc... plus some strongman equipment.

When training by yourself you need a good power rack to bench and squat safely in. To board bench by yourself you can slip it under your shirt, and use many things to hold it in place. Train smart and safe and you will be ok.

But I am getting ahead of myself , best advice you will ever get, ever... ready for it? are your sure ok. Here it is :

FILM YOUR LIFTS We are all built differently and our bodies and techniques don't always work the same as someone elses' although all the advice I read here so far is good. If you want advice on form, get us some videos from the side angle so we can pin point weakness.

Give us a full list of stats, your weight,height, how your split looks like, when is the meet you are looking to do, and your goals as far as do I want to be strong at these 3 lifts or do I want to be stronger in general. If you are worrying about your form you may have to scale back your training and better develop it.

Personally I would say do wendlers 5/3/1 since its safe effective and will give your time to develop your strength and technique,with the slight variation on week 3 do heavy m/e partial movements and focus on speed and tech on week 4 for deloading.

Last edited by Bodybygamma; 11-04-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote