View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #15
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
Using an ultra-wide squat stance without a suit or briefs will murder your hips. If you're squatting raw (which you are), you want your feet slightly wider than shoulder width.

Weakness at the bottom usually means weak glutes and hams. Hit some glute ham raises and deficit DL's like you said.

I'm gonna guess you tried twin cities barbell. I emailed the guy a couple times and he was very short with me. I'd say to get in a weekend session up at The Press every week. We may even run into eachother.

Edit - Just saw your added post on benching. The "pause" is no defined length of time, it's whenever the judge sees that the bar has come to a complete rest. You really only need to work on that leading up to the meet. Until then, just focus on increasing weight, but be mindful that you're going to need extra work to "get out of the hole".
I was beginning to think that wide squats were a geared-only technique. I do like a slightly wider than shoulder width stance. Does The Press gym has a GHR? I'd make the trip up there for that alone! I was contemplating buying one for my home.

I work in Lake Elmo, so I'm not too far away from The Press. How does that work, do you get a day-pass or do you need a membership?

Thanks for the info on the bench pause. I've been doing some experimentation with some accessory bench work to build up on holding and bursting out of the hole.
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote