Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn
Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Ok let's start with basics, and first thing first, you dont need to count everything like you're doing. Example, tuna is a PROTEIN source, there is no need to count the fats that go along with it, same with your whey shakes, thats a protein source, dont count the fat/carbs in it. Another example, almonds are a source of good fats, no need to count the protein/carbs that comes along with them, same for brown rice its a carbohydrate source, dont count the fat/protein. This will make your marco breakdowns easier and more efficient and will also allow you to get the proper nutrition that you need.

Basic cut breakdown is something like 35%fat/25%carbs/40%protein, or 30/30/40, or 45/15/40 for ketosis. This is all % calorie breakdowns, remember 4calories in 1g of protein/carbs and 9calories in 1g of fat.

You need to consume 25% of total carbs in a split between pre/post workout and another 25% at breakfast, this accounting in all -50% total carbs/3 meals/breakfast/pre-post workout. that mean the other 50% need to be split evenly between the other 3 meals. Make sure the ONLY time you're consuming simple carbs is breakfast and post-workout! Also you need to work on your eating split, dieting is about timing brother, you eat breakfast then starve until lunch, then workout after. You need at least 3 if not 4 solid meals all containing carbs before you hit the gym and workout. Post me the EXACT times of your meals, this is a MUST.

I cant tell you have a general idea of how to diet and this is EXACTLY what my diet-style plan looked like when I first tried/started trying to cut/diet, ive learned alot since then and I can really teach you how to cycle carbs and load/deplete gylcogen but you dont need all that fancy stuff bro, you have a good start/base right here. Just gotta be consistent.

Give me some meal times and ill level out your protein/carbs/fats. Until then eat some almonds or natty PB for good fats, you do need some, and please... stop counting those 2g of fat in tuna and your protein shakes :P
Thanks man thats great advice,

Heres what mine looked like when i was cutting.
Quote:
Breakfast
1 cup egg whites 117 calories | 26.5g Protein
2 eggs (scrambled) 180 calories | 7g fat | 12.6g Prot.
1 Slice Whole Wheat Toast 110 calories | 6g Protein
12 - 16 oz. Water
Mid-Morning Snack
Fiber One Bar 140 Calories | 2g Protein
Whey Shake + 20oz. Milk 328 Calories | 54g Protein | 1.5g Fat
1oz. Peanuts 160 Calories | 5g Protein
16-18 Oz. Water
Lunch
5 oz. Chicken Breast 276 Calories | 29.9g Protein
22 Whole Almonds 163 Calories | 6g Protein
Pre-Workout
1 Orange