View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
DMedley
Brawn

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor
Default Full Meet Strategy Question

I have been looking down the road a ways and am interested in doing a powerlifting meet. The closest meet too me and the one I could get to is conducted by the American Powerlifting Association. This is a full meet only.

I have suffered from muscle spasms of the central back for over 30 years. These seem to activated any time and any place without warning when I do squats with a weight between 150 and 200+ pounds. In day to day training this does not present a huge problem, I have learned to work squats in spite of it.

I would normally just do a push pull or bench only meet, but alas the full meet only criteria.

Question: Since I would have to do squats - what strategy would you recommend? I have thought about just doing an opening lift of 125 or 135 pounds to get on the board and then take a bi on the next two squat lifts. Opinions?

Last edited by DMedley; 10-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links