Thread: CNS Burnout
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRaWNy View Post
Good read, but I'm not shure if I understand all of that you're talking (because English is not my mother language).

I have to agree with (taken from the conversation):
-I will go as far to say that your CNS controls your gains.
-your CNS controls how many muscle fibers are allowed to fire at one time.
-you need to prime the CNS as part of a good warm-up before you hit your working sets.

And something about this:
-I forgot to mention that Thib's claims are complete bull.

I have to say that, I read Thib, I follow and understand some recommendations/methods of his in training, and I had some decent gains again lately, after about 18 years of training and being 44 years old, like I was a beginner.
My training is mostly CNS based.
So I give a "thumbs up" to Thib.
Brawny...my comment is regarding thib's specific claims to have pressed more then some world records. That sort of mumbo jumbo is attached with the I bodybuilder program. Any program that contains nonsense and hype, I tend to pass on. I respect much of his writing, but for some reason he sold his soul for $$$ on this one.

His specific claims relating to this topic are:

Quote:
Christian gained 27 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks, and was doing seated overhead presses with 375 pound for 5 cluster reps. Christian is already an advanced-level bodybuilder

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-29-2009 at 08:50 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links