View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

Aye-yae-yae (is that you spell that? lol). I think we're actually saying/arguing the same point, but maybe I didn't do well trying to explain it. Let's see if I can clean this up in 200 words or less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Don't buy that, so laugh at me.

CNS fatigue can prevent proper firing of muscles, but I don't believe you have to kill yourself and your CNS to achieve slow, steady strength and muscle gains...especially as a beginning trainee.
Beginning lifters make most of their strength and muscle gains the first couple years. These gains are fast and easy, when training correctly.

I'm no CNS expert, but I really don't believe much CNS conditioning is required.

And I may be completely nuts, but I believe that CNS conditioning becomes more of a concern AFTER these initial gains, when the body draws closer to its natural strength and size limits.
What I was trying to say is that your CNS controls how many muscle fibers are allowed to fire at one time. I excluded beginners in my argument (and didn't tell you that, I guess; again, ha ha ha ha) because you are correct, their gains will most certainly be muscular.

Your argument is based on beginners; my argument was for intermediate to advanced people. Maybe "condition" was the wrong word to use too. How about "prime". As in, you need to prime the CNS as part of a good warm-up before you hit your working sets. So, if you're doing high rep stuff, you need to prime your CNS and get it ready to do high-rep working sets. Any better?

Quote:

Ouch.

Loaded Insulin Surges???

High-Threshold Hypertrophy (HTH)???

...and, and all supplement diet.

Yeah, I think they're blowing and ass ton of ass up people's asses with that program. Loaded insulin surges, supplements, blah blah blah blah, all just to get you to buy their shizzle. And, "high-threshold hypertrophy" is just a fancy marketing term they made up.

Quote:
You really lost me here. Powerlifters have the least amount of TUT, yet the most CNS concerns.
I guess I could be wrong here (well, I could be wrong just about anywhere in this post ), but I also think there's two different types of CNS burnout. The first one is extended TUT, like I described before. The other one is when you've been consistently been doing reps at >90% for multiple sets. I kind of think of it as a shot of adrenaline. You can only produce so much adrenaline until you're out. Same with CNS. You can only hit it so much before it doesn't respond anymore. Once you're out, you're out.

Hope that helps and makes me sound less like I don't know what I'm talking about. lol

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote