Thread: CNS Burnout
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post

I also think it's laughable how some of you think that CNS and muscularity are mutually exclusive. They are absolutely dependant on eachother. I will go as far to say that your CNS controls your gains.
Don't buy that, so laugh at me. (BTW, just want to make sure that you understand my tone isn't sarcastic or argumentative. I simply disagree)

CNS fatigue can prevent proper firing of muscles, but I don't believe you have to kill yourself and your CNS to achieve slow, steady strength and muscle gains...especially as a beginning trainee.
Beginning lifters make most of their strength and muscle gains the first couple years. These gains are fast and easy, when training correctly.

I'm no CNS expert, but I really don't believe much CNS conditioning is required.

And I may be completely nuts, but I believe that CNS conditioning becomes more of a concern AFTER these initial gains, when the body draws closer to its natural strength and size limits.

Quote:
My guess is that the iBodybuilder program over at T-nation is built around conditioning your CNS in order to produce optimal muscle performance.
Ouch.

Loaded Insulin Surges???

High-Threshold Hypertrophy (HTH)???

...and, and all supplement diet.

Quote:
One of the original questions, what do I think degrades CNS performance?
Time under tension - That could mean slow reps, negatives, reps completed once in a fatigued state, etc.
You really lost me here. Powerlifters have the least amount of TUT, yet the most CNS concerns.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-28-2009 at 02:21 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote