Old 09-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #73
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Thursday:

Shoulders/Forearms

Military Press: 50x10 50x10 50x10 40x10
Seated Arnie Press: 50x8 50x6 40x8
Lateral Raise Dropsets (10 reps each weight): 20,15,12 20,15, 12 15,12, 10
Reverse Laterals: 25x10 20x10 (on incline) 25x10
Shrugs: 110x10 (x3)
Wrist Curl Over Bench: 15x12 (x2)
Static Barbell Hold: 24 to failure (x2)

Can anyone tell me why I'm doing military presses AND Arnie presses? They seem like just about the same exercise to me, the Arnie press being only a slight variation from the military press. When I do the Arnie presses, I'm fatigued from the military presses so I feel like they're kind of a waste of time. Or maybe the point is to fatigue the muscles, I dunno. I just think it's...weird. Like doing bench presses and then incline presses right afterward (like I was doing on my Monday routine).

Also, I've noticed that I seem to get more of a forearm workout on Tuesdays with deadlifts and rows than I do today when I'm actually working the forearms. On Tuesdays my forearms get rock hard and today, well, not so much.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote