Thread: Teen Eating
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

What escapes me is how some trainers can advise things like this and have a successful business...

I can see on one hand where they wouldn't want to tell a teen to overeat, but as a former hardgainer, I can't imagine how thin I would have become eating 2200 calories per day.

I would think that an average calories recommendation would be around 3000. At least.

I am 5'10", and in most of my teen years I stayed between 140 and 150 pounds. I ate like a buzzsaw. It wasn't until I started lifting seriously that I got above 170. I had access to a buffet style college cafeteria and ate cheese cake to no end. I probably had 4 to 6 pieces a day, along with 3 monster meals, many times a box of mac and cheese (with tuna) in between major meals because It was cheap and worked (in my mind) as a bodybuilding meal. I also drank milk, milk and more milk.

I would be surprised if I wasn't eating 5000+ calories a day.

I didn't get above 185 until I hit 30 years old, and my eating habits were obscene.

Maybe my perception of proper eating is warped from years with this metabolism. the kid receiving the advise from this trainer weighs under 120 pounds....

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-17-2010 at 01:05 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote