View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

HighKick I thought you would know this.

This guy from the video is a fighter. Looks like Bjj is his game. Coming from a fighting background myself and still in it, The goal is not to blow out your back rowing heavy weight but to condition it for muscle endurance..In Grappling/BJJ you work out back out almmost everyday when you are rolling, Sparing and pushing someone off you..The weights for some, not all is a conditioning tool..

Some MMa fighters/Fighters make it a Piority to smash the back. Like myself but my game is not to spend my time on my back durring a fight..It's to use my forse to keep someone down and smash their head in..BJJ is different it does not focus on str, it's focus is technical and wearing a person down

Working on Pushing weight makes sence. If you are a bjj fighters you want to have good strong explosive power in pushing to get someone off if you are on your back.

For what he is doing ( Pull Ups, Rows and whatever) that's typical Bjj training stuff..But I can place money on the fact that if he is a legit fighter, His back from all the grappling is probably stronger then a lot of our backs.. That's if he trains for fights

I smash my back because of the style I use..But, When I get on my back, My back does not have a lot of the muscle endurance..Why, cause I spend to much time crushing weight with it..But, I need the str to scoop and slam people..Bjj guys dot do that..They hold on a drag you down with dead weight.

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote