Thread: Serious Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhilly View Post
I'm want to get serious with my training but i'm faced with a problem 6'1 @238lbs and approimately 18-20% bf. I would like to put on more muscle mass (10-15lbs of muscle) but the problem is i don't know if i should lose weight first or or add mass over the winter? Would like some feedback/advice from some experienced lifters.
You aren't at a very high body fat right now, so a 2-3 month cut before trying to put on mass wouldn't be out of the question. This would also give you some time to nail down a proper eating approach.

A few questions first...

Have you ever eaten using a bodybuilding style diet before?

Have you ever trained previously and added on noticeable muscle and strength?

The reason I ask these questions is that if you cut without knowing how to train or eat properly, it could result in a higher percentage of muscle loss.

With a solid eating and training approach, I would go for the cut first, and then by Christmas you can be on track to use 2011 to hit your goals...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote