View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #47
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
Killer workout there Francisco!

Lets say I'm going to the gym in June, and I want to look really good and get rid of all the excess water and all of that. What would you suggest? I'm 5'9 about 190ish and 15-18% BF. I'm mostly just wondering, but I want to know when it comes time for the road trip to San Diego this coming summer.
Andy,

First if you want to look really good you need to start a good diet around 4 months before the trip to drop bodyfat levels to around 7-8%..that is the most important thing...Getting lean. As far as the water the big secreat is that THERE IS NO SECRET!...the body in its natural state have always more water inside the cell than outside the cell...It is only when we screw thing up (cutting water/sodium) that water retention occurs...So the secret to look dry and hard is to give yourself enough time during the diet to lose the fat...I have friends that have competed without doing any final peak week protocol and they look hard and dry to the bone. If you do your homework you will look awesome when the time for the trip comes.

Bellow is a pic of me from last year at 4 weeks out (no water/sodium manipulation) just a regular day drinking about a gallon of water per day. Some people ask me how i look that hard at 4 weeks out...I told them i am just lean.

Hope this helps
Attached Images

Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote