Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Well, doc says I did tear a muscle in my leg, and the other leg will tear too if I don't take it easy. She gave me some monster ibuprofens and some Flexeril (muscle relaxants) and told me to basically knock off the weightlifting to 4-6 weeks, at least in the lower body. If it doesn't get better in the next few days she's going to order me to physical therapy. That would suck, so I guess I better at least go easy on the legs for awhile. That doesn't mean I'm staying out of the gym, laws no. I WILL have to modify leg day significantly. I just can't do anything that involves straightening/bending the leg under resistance or lifting the leg up from the knee. So, well...so basically leg day is effed.

I have the dry mouth again this afternoon, so I'm thinking it IS from the Muscle Marinade. No matter, small price to pay to feel as great as I do. Oh, I also wanted to mention (but forgot earlier) that I had no trouble sleeping last night. That's one of the things I wanted to take note of, because some stimulants can really mess up your sleep patterns. Nope, fell right to sleep and didn't have any issues during the night (other than my normal waking up to pee at 3 am, etc.). So I was really happy about that.

Today's workout:

Back/Biceps

Deadlifts (did SLDL's so I didn't have to bend my knees with weight):
4 sets of 135x7
Pullups (assisted): 2 sets of 55x10
Bent-over Dumbbell Rows: 50x7 50x8 50x8
Seated Cable Rows: 50x10 50x10 50x9
Preacher Cable Curls: 30x10 30x10 25x10 25x9
Concentration Curls: 15x9 15x8 12x8

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote