View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #24
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Keep grinding away. In two weeks those heavy weights will feel light, and those muscles will be growing.

I know you're eating 2500 calories per day...you get any cheat meals, or are you locked down?
IMO I think it is best the next 1-2 weeks to see how much and what types of food ripped's body can handle. I started with a moderately high carb intake, but if he puts on a good bit of weight then we will know that more than likely he will be able to handle fats better. By knowing that then we can make changes down the line in his prep to a more moderate carb and higher fat intake. If he has a cheat meal then its going to be a little harder to gauge this. BUT having said that, as I told ripped I really dont care so much what he eats as long as he eats the target macronutrients for that meal. Whether it be rice,pasta,cereal,etc etc. I am not real big on GI(Unless you are diabetic) because once you start mixing proteins and fats in the meal then you are going to be altering it anyway. Now their will come a time late in prep where I dont feel a calorie is a calorie because of satiety reasons.

The cheat meal, however is a whole different topic haha. I personally am not a fan of cheat meals. I like refeed meals, which I feel are really different. IMO a refeed meal is really high in carbohydrates and low in fat(Pasta,pancakes,etc). I feel they serve a function which is glycogen replenishment from being calorically deprived all week and from training, but also to keep the metabolism up. I just dont feel that taking in the extra fat calories from a burger or pizza really serves a function other than psychologically.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote