Old 08-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine
Default EV's Muscle Marinade Log

Thanks to rippednmichigan and my presidential writing skills, I've been given the great opportunity to run a log on Purus Labs' pre-workout supplement Muscle Marinade.

Currently I am not taking any sort of pre-workout supplement. I work out on my lunch hour so I do eat a sensible lunch about an hour before I work out, and then a post-workout whey shake, and that's been fine but I feel like I need something more to get me through my workout. I'd like more energy to fuel my workout, but not just from the coffee or tea I normally have mid-morning. I want something that provides clean, sustained energy but also offers post-exercise recovery. I'm hoping Muscle Marinade does just that.

For my workout regimen, I've chosen the Three Month Muscle Building Workout from right here on the Muscle & Brawn site. I like the 4-day split and the exercises for each split.

3 Month Muscle Building Workout Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

For my diet, I'm running a 50/30/20 macro ratio that I've been on for the last couple of months now, and it's really been working well. I've seen some noticeable changes in my physique since I started this diet, and it doesn't leave my energy waning, so I'm going to stick with it.

I was going to wait until today to start taking the Muscle Marinade, but I decided yesterday to dig into it because I was tired, crabby, and well, I just couldn't wait! The first thing I noticed just opening the container was how very "dusty" the product is. It is so finely granulated that I found myself unable to avoid literally inhaling the dust as it wafted out of the opening of the tub. Also, the product's "white paper" was right in with the powder, which I did not like, mostly because the powder is so fine that it was really hard to get all of it out of the creases and folds of the white paper, and not only did it make a mess but it also stirred up a lot more dust which I then inhaled again with a coughing fit. THEN I had to dig into the product to find the scoop, which kicked up even more grape dust.

Muscle Marinade is available in two flavors: grape juice and purus punch. I chose the grape, and I did notice that it does have an enjoyable odor when I opened the tub. Because I wanted to assess my tolerance to this reportedly powerful supplement, I only started with half the recommended dosage. I poured the half scoop of product in with my bottle of water, shook it up, and pretty much chugged about half the bottle because it was very tasty and refreshing.

I started to notice the product working about 15 minutes later, and about a half an hour later, I began to feel like I had a newfound mental clarity. I didn't get jittery or shaky, or feel uncomfortable in any way like I do on some stimulants. It didn't really give me a whole lot of physical energy, but as I said I was tired and cranky anyway, so I wasn't expecting any miracles.

I feel like I tolerated a half scoop quite well, so today I will go with a full dose and then onto my workout. Right now I'm suffering from a possible torn quad muscle, so I'm hoping that won't affect my new workout all that much, but I'll update as it goes. I hope that the Muscle Marinade will help with my recovery on that injury as well. Again, not expecting miracles but I'm interested to see if it assists in any way with that.

The instructions on the tub (in the tiniest font imaginable to man) state to take this with breakfast. I have two hours until my workout and I'm going to take the dose now. Because I felt the effects pretty shortly after taking it yesterday, I think I'll be OK taking it this close to my workout. We shall see.

Bottoms up!

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links