View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Ill show you, heres me and you and our front lat spreads-

Notice how are lats are longer and more like "wings"

Now heres a picture of my trainer, Ryan Doris. Notice how his lats are more "balled up" not so long and more bulkier appearing

Is this just a difference in genetics, or is there a way to pull out the lats and ball them up more?
Ohn ok i got it now!

1. Well first bodybuilding is about creating an ilusion...the smaller the waist the wider your lats are going to look. You need to try to find a way to position your torso so your waist look smaller. Somtimes pressing the waist a little with your hands will help to make it look smaller too...since we have different body structures i cant tell you exactly what to do...thats something that you will have to figure out by yourself posing infront of the mirror.

2. As far as the lats looking more bulkier and more balled up...well genetics play a role here..Lat muscle attachments etc...people with high lats have the tendecy to look good from the front creating that look that you are looking for..however with time your lats will get also thicker and bulkier giving you a great look...there is not right and wrong in bodybuilding. Keep training your lats and i am sure you will achieve a killer look
Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote