View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

I agree with SO that you should do Military Presses with a barbell instead of DB Presses for your primary overhead pressing movement.

Also, ditch the decline press on your bench day, which brings me to my next bit of advice. Choose assistance work based on your weaknesses. Train those weaknesses hard and when you develop other weaknesses train those really hard. I suggest following Wendler's script at the beginning, either his Boring but Big routine or his suggested assistance work and then just letting the program evolve.

I started 531 last year and have learned so much from it. I essentially still have Wendler's programming as my template but my training has really taken its own form as I have learned more about myself and about powerlifting.

Finally, is your primary goal strength gains in the long or short term? Are you planning on doing this for a couple of months then switching to bodybuilding or do you have a PL meet you are preparing for?

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote