View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've met several bodybuilders that say they don't lift heavy now, like Victor Costa. When you dig deeper you found he gained his muscle by lifting (relatively) heavy, and then backed off the weight slightly with age.

There are also many older naturals (50+) that compete without a substantial amount of muscle. I understand and respect why they choose to train lighter, but I'm guessing they are still challenging themselves in the gym to some degree.

how would you test the body with light weight and get as big as this doctor? I thought 15+ reps was not a good thing? And i have heard people scream you cant get big with out squats and dead lifts? These guys in my gym who he works out with never squat and never dead..i asked him why and he said its not good for your body and or back to pull up that kind of weight..he said wait till your my age and see where your back is at lifting all that weight
...i also mention squats and he said its nonesence..you can get wheels with out them
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote