Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Just got back from another trip to Mayo Clinic. This time we drove two hours there and two hours back just to sit in an exam room for 30 minutes and have a doctor tell me, "The choice for radiation is entirely up to you." Apparently I'm right on the cusp of definately needing it vs. no, don't worry about it. I was told that if I don't undergo radiation, then there is a 15 - 20% chance of recurrance. If I choose radiation, then we can reduce the chance by about 2/3. I dunno, I just dunno.

I can do the treatment here, just across town, so I don't need to spend a lot of time traveling. There are very few side effects, except the possibility of a stiffening of the neck (permanent, but not crippling), hinderance of saliva glands on the one side (permanent), sore throat (temporary), slight fatigue (temporary). Also, there's two more trips to Rochester before my treatment would start.

I can be done with it today. Walk away and take my 80 - 85% chances, or I can invest another six weeks and get my chances closer to 95%.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links