With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I understand completely. I don't train with high reps. Never have. People are constantly debating the need to higher rep bodybuilding sets.

90% of my sets since I began training have been 8 reps and under. At least half of them have probably been 4 to 6 reps. Last year I trained with 90% of my sets between 2 and 4 reps, squats excluded.

I know I train with higher rep sets compared to you CnP guys, but my style is still considered "powerlifting" by most who see it and judge it. I've received comments on Youtube telling me I wasn't a bodybuilder, despite the fact that my arms are 19" and my quads 30".

The myth will never die..."low reps don't build muscle." It's under my avatar

You can definitely train with a focus on TUT, but you still need to push for more weight.
Your sets aren't that high; sometimes I'll take a few accessory lifts into the 5-6 rep range. My heavy stuff is 1,2, or 3 reps.

The funny thing is that I would think the PLing section would agree with what you're saying and advocate low rep sets. Instead, they're blabbering on about MMC, perfect form, proper rep range, etc. Even "respect for the weight."

I mean, who the fuk respects the weight?! Does HE looks like he respects the fuking weight: http://www.michiganapf.com/images/lifters/matt_k.jpg

It's very simple: you pick up a very heavy piece of metal as brutally as you can until you can't do it anymore; and you do that as often as you can. But people are trying to make something simple into a science.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote