With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Moved this to it's own thread...

I do high reps shrugs from time to time, but I don't know how to do them without heavy weight. I think recently I did 315 x 40 or 50.

In all reality, the difference between an 10 rep set of shrugs and a 20 rep set of shrugs isn't that much weight for most lifters. Both sets should be pretty darn heavy.

I guess I need TUT. TUT is the new progression...
The reason everyone on there keeps bringing it up when I post is that I do them CnP style: no more than 5 reps per set. I recently just did 455 for 10 sets of 3, and they can't understand how that's helping my pulls.

In the meantime: my Traps are getting bigger and stronger, and my Deadlift is now much more solid at lockout.

My reasoning is that if you do Squats/Benching/Deadlifting with heavy weights to get stronger, it only makes sense to train every part of your body the same way. They're telling me to be using 275-315 for Shrugs when I can easily put up 405; peak contraction and all.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and should start doing Pilates so I don't plateau.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote