Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How are you feeling physically? Are you starting to regain some of your energy?
I've been pretty good for the first few hours of the day. I can tell that I still could use a mid-afternoon nap (which I've been skipping just because it's not normal), by 9:30 p.m. though I'm pretty baked. I'm still having pain management issues, and am trying to conserve my roxicet. The good news though is I can take ibuprofen again. I've found that it does a much better job on the pain than does tylenol.

I think I was too ambitious by getting the doctor to release me to work next Tuesday. My short term disability covers me until August 31. I might see if I can't get the doctor to write me a new note. That will give me time to deal with pain management, begin eating real food, and work on shoulder and neck mobility.

I go back to Mayo tomorrow to meet with the XRT team. If they recommend immediate radiation therapy, I'm sure I'll be good for an extended leave.

More trumpet playing is in store for today, and maybe a trip to the "Y."

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote