View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Yeah man... I got the same thing a few months back. I had to wipe and reload everything. Thankfully, I kept my personel data on a seperate partition of the hard drive, so that was unaffected. Worst part was the time it took to reinstall Windows and all the device drivers, and then set all my configurations. For now, leave it off. The longer it runs, the worse it will get. You will need to scan the disk through another machine if you can. Or you can look for a bootable rescue disk that can clean the infection.

This is a nasty virus for sure, it hit a lot of people. I can't remember what I suggested to a friend who had the same thing. I'll look it up when I get home and PM you what I can find..

Regardless of if we can save your data or not, you need a very good Anti-Virus program. I highly, highly recco either AVG or Avast. Both have free editions that update daily, and include AV, spyware blockers, email scanners and all the other good things you want in an AV program...

I get out of work at 3pm, and will be busy until around 5 or 6pm est, then I'll see what I can find....
alright thanks a lot man
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)