View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #17
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess315 View Post
I didnt even read ur post but if strenght is all you concerned about 5x5 all the way sexy
Your missing the big picture. It is your thought process I'm interested in about movement selection. Specifically, as to how you would put different movements together, based on a set number of moves.

It's not a groundbeaking thread in any way, just a friendly discussion as to your thought process on priority of movements.

Peary Rader had abbreviated routines that he advocated for various purposes. In one article, he said that if you can't get a full workout in, just squat. I've been thinking about that, and it makes good sense.

At that time whole body training was the norm. So your on a M-W-F workout scheme, and on Wednesday you don't have time for your full routine. Just do the squats. The hormorne release of the squatting will help with the recovery of Mondays workout, and carry on the anabolic effects till Friday. Kinda like a little battery charge.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote