Thread: Jwood's New Log
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

For speed benches, explode up, but don't lower them quickly. Some guys will disagree with me, but I don't think there is any point in jerking the weight down. There are a lot of bad/sloppy speed bench videos on Youtube.

Explosive power/speed benches are a "must try". Don't be afraid to use a bit more then 55-60% of your max if the weight seems too light. I'm not talking a boat-load more...5-15 pounds more.

And stick with them for a couple months. They might seem like they are pointless initially, but they do work for most.

Really try to concentrate on bending the bar in so your shoulders don't get tweaked.

And down the road, get some chains. Hang those puppies over the ends of each aside of the bench and do some speed benches. The weight gets lighter at the bottom. It's a nice training variation.

For good mornings, where you doing them narrow or ultra-wide stance? There is no right or wrong way, but ultra wide allows me to go heavier. My good mornings are like a half good mofning, half squat.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote