Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Swole - can you explain where you are getting your information from? Is it from experience, or things you've heard, or where? I'm just curious. I think you'll see that most people here in this forum have made wonderful gains by using low reps (myself included), as well as most professional bodybuilders out there.

I truly believe that there is no such thing as "muscle confusion". That implies that there are tiny little intelligence centers in every muscle fiber that have to be "outwitted" in order to grow, as if we were in a chess game with them and only the most clever strategy would win the game. Muscle growth really only occurs when you break down the fibers and allow them to grow back, and repeat the process.

As far as the mind muscle connection, I don't see any harm in focusing on the muscle you're working (some athletes swear by it) but I think the point the author is trying to make here is that too many people think that that's going to be the main factor in their gains, that if they just WILL it to happen, it'll happen. If that were true, all we'd have to do is sit on our butts on the couch eating bon-bons and just fantasize about having a great body, and it would happen.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote