Thread: This is wrong
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swole666 View Post
I just read the article 3 ways to train like a fool and I can't believe anyone buys this?

The author positions himself as an expert but he's telling you that the mind muscle connection isn't important, and that muscle confusion isn't important?
Also, low reps are horrible for adding muscle size. Bodybuilders don't use low reps.

This inane focus on heavy weight alone is going to get people injured.
Welcome to the forum.

Do you believe it's more important when lifting to focus on form, or to focus on a muscle contraction? For me it's form all the way.

Now you could lighten the load and focus on contraction, but then you still have to use progression to make gains. And this brings you right back to heavy weight, which should only be utilized with a proper focus on form.

I am not against higher intensity techniques for advanced bodybuilders, but I do believe that the mind muscle connection is a product of training with machines. With a machine, it's easier to focus on a muscle because the "groove" is built in.

Do you train with machines or free weights?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote