So, I thought it would be cool to start a recipe thread where I can share my frequently updated concoctions with you all (seeing as not too many, or none of the people here read my personal blog)
If I post a recipe in here, it's because I HIGHLY recommend it. Oh, and it'll give you a good idea of what I eat on a daily basis.
Feel free to add in your own recipe, and if you have a picture of the food you made, please submit that as well!
Let's give this thread a good start:
"Double Banana Date Bread"
(current favorite; good pre-workout fuel)
2 cups of very ripe banana, mashed (or 3 large bananas)
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup of dates, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter, softened (you can use half applesauce, if you want...butter is best though
1/2 cup of honey
chopped walnuts (optional)
1) In a small bowl, pour the milk over the dates and microwave for 15 seconds. Set aside to let soak.
2) Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a baking pan.
3) Beat the egg, egg white, vanilla, honey and butter until well-combined. Beat in the banana thoroughly, and then stir in the soaked dates. Set aside.
4) Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir in the wet mixture just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, if using.
5) Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the edges are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
6) Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice with a wet knife, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: Tastes best when it's cold!! This is HANDS DOWN, my favorite banana bread of all time...and I've made/tasted a LOT of banana breads.
More to come!