View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpinos View Post
Francisco how long have you been training? And how hard is it to gain muscle after the first 5 years of hard lifting? This forum talks a lot about natural bodybuilding and just wondering what your experiences were.
I have been training now for 13 years however for the first 3-4 years i was practicing martial arts and bodybuilding was just part of my training. I was not really trying to get bigger just to get better at martial arts. I can say that i started focusing in getting bigger once i retired from MA. As you know gains come easy at first and then gets harder and harder to gain Raw muscle mass.

For instance after of 5-6 years (after i retired from MA) i believe that i had achieved most of my Raw Muscle mass. I probably had achieved around 90% of Natural potential...and after that gains of 1-2 lbs (muscle/year) were the norm i believe. However despite the fact that my bodyweight has not change much in the past 4 years my Overall shape has changed tremendously, my simetry has improved, my muscle density, muscularity etc....and if i compare a pic from a 5 years ago to pics from today i look a lot bigger and muscular. In Natural Bodybuilding you get better with age....the longer you train you get better muscle maturity. Just look at Dave goodin...he is 50 and he looks incredible. Clarence Mcgill ( wnbf) 2009 World
Champ is 45 or46 i belive.
Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote