View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #19
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
looking killer francisco!! welcome to the board and good luck with the upcoming show

i see you compete at 176. can i ask what your off season weight is? how high do you let your bodyfat go during said off season? and how many weeks before a show do you start the cutting phase?

thanks
Thanks bro! As far as your questions i have let myself go as high as 50 lbs over my contest weight (Around 227-230 lbs) twice in my career hoping to gain more muscle (dont remember my BF). Unfortunately once i diet down for a show i always ended up weighting the same. For that reason last year i decided not to go higher than 20 lbs over my contest weight. My goal was to keep all my abs in sight and gain slowly and it looks like i will be a little bigger this time.

The reason for that is because by starting leaner i have been able to retain more mucle because my diet is not agressive at all. Normally i start my preps 20 weeks out and this time i only had to lose 20 lbs and not 50.

In my opinion it is important to do 2-3 big bulk phases when you start to reach your max natural potential (I am talking here Raw Muscle Weight) Once there i will only recomend to stay 15-20 lbs over your contest weight during your offseason if you plan on competing every year and look dry and ripped to the bone.

First picture (me at 225 lbs/2007) Second Pic (me at 195lbs/This year in jan)...same muscle is there but 30 lbs of extra weigh are gone
Attached Images

Last edited by Francisco; 07-18-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote