Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Friday, 7/16/10

I had planned on lifting today, but I was so drained from the week. I asked myself, "What do you really have to gain from lifting before your surgery?" I decided it was all just stubborn pride. That's all. I'm going to be completely off for a few weeks, what's a few more days? Anything gained would be lost anyway. No, now's the time to rest, relax, hydrate and feed up. So, I'm going to hang up the Chucks, let the jock strap air out, and let it be for now.

I think the majority of the pain I've been experiencing in my throat and mouth must be some sort of bacterial thing. The doctor said that the mouth is very susceptible to infections, and a cancerous lesion is a perfect gateway for bacteria. The frustrating thing is it really hurts to swallow, and the best thing I've found for pain is ibuprofen, which I'm not supposed to take anymore before the surgery. So, I'll try my best to keep the mouth clean and continue to pop Tylenol.

I turned in my music today too. My band has five shows coming up in the next four weeks. I'm going to miss one for sure and probably three. I don't know if they're going to try to find a substitute, or just do the shows with three horns. I'm not too fond of either scenario. I have been playing music for money since 1984, and I have never missed a show. Not for anything. Upon recovery, my first order of business will be to get my chops in shape and get back with my mates ASAP. I enjoy lifting, but music is my mistress.

I forgot to mention too, that I weighed myself the other day before I went to the clinic. My official starting weight for this journal is 219. I'll probably be close to 200 before I start lifting again.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote