Thread: Anabolic Diet?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
I'm not into it at all. Some people are, but I'm personally not a fan.

I know that Jamie Louis follows a Paleo-type diet, but it's not really the same. Paleo is the basis of Jamie's diet, but the guy did 5 day keto runs with refeeds for over a year and still managed to make gains in strength.

Pros of the AD:

-Lots of yummy fats

Cons of the AD:

- Can be hard to follow on week daysIf you "human up" and prepare your food because you are committed, this shouldn't be a problem.
- Low energy I had little problems with this, perhaps because I drink lots of black coffee and green tea. Also, no insulin spikes and crashes kept me feeling rather good.
- Carb ups can be disastrous if not monitored carefully Just don't go crazy.

Etc. There's more cons, but I'm too lazy to go through them all.

I believe balance of every macronutrient is best.

But then again, everyone experiences different results depending on how their body is.
I had to put a few rebuttals in there against your cons and I do not intend for them to be invidious. However, I also agree it is best to get some carbs in your system for optimizing performance, etc. The keto/very low carb diet was effective for me for a while. But, when my strength gains eventually stalled I added carbs in around my workout and that got me progressing again.

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote