View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
I understand all that. My point is that the same guys that put down full body routines in one breath lift up Starr in the next. It's like there's a list of who's cool and who's not, and it makes no ****ing sense.
I think you hit on a major point. Lifting is a lot about who is cool and who isn't. Like most things, there isn't a lot of though put into it be the average trainee. It's not that lifters are looking to give bad advice. I think they just realize who the respected names are and don't want to swim against the tide.

I respect Bill Starr, but I don't believe a full body routine is necessary if key lifts are involved. A beginner certainly can squat 2-3 times a week, eat big, and make monster gains. No doubt about that! But because naturals have limited muscle potential, in the end hard work is more important than training routine. A Starr trainee might be faster off the line, but a Weiderite splitter will catch up and relatively quickly. As the Starr lifter experiences slower gains, the Weiderite is still gaining at a nice pace.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote