Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Option is always there to come and lift down here in CR with us man. I know youre almost an hour away but one day a week or something maybe. Private Gym full of strongman and powerlifting equipment. Sometimes getting with a few other people really drives motivation through the roof.
JB, I'd take him up on this if I were you.

I have to agree with some things BTB said. Hopefully you kept a notebook or something. If so, pick it up and revisit your goals. Get your mind back into the state it was in when you were motivated. Don't worry about posting big numbers. This isn't a contest. This is a way of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
My primary motivation is results. I know that's kind of working backwards (you have to have motivation to work out, and working out provides results, the results motivate you to work out) but once you start to see results, that can fuel you BIG time.

As far as the abs, I'm a firm believer that diet is the primary factor in ab definition (and obviously I can speak from experience) so yes, a clean diet is essential. Nothing like junk food and beer to get that big belly you never wanted, right? In the gym focus more on compound lifts - kill the squats and deadlifts, IMO...anything that will work the core while getting a full body workout. Don't worry about crunches and whatnot, not yet anyway.
Pretty much Gospel. I couldn't have said it any better.

Good luck to ya, JB. You're not in this alone, but no one can make you do it either. My experience has been that if I've had a layoff and don't feel like doing it anymore, I've just got to do it once. Put the lifting first, and do it once. Then the rest, for me anyway, will start to fall in place. If I'm lifting, I'll be more focused on eating right, then proper supplementation, then proper rest. For me, it takes that first visit to the gym. And since you're going to be sore anyway, you might as well make it a squat day.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote