Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

The Point is adaptation. The more you can pick up, the more your muscles will adapt. Even though, it seems that he is putting his grip at a disadvantage, that is incorrect. EX: 400lbs with straps will stimulate more than 300 pounds without. The major gripping muscles are still being worked harder, and even the will still have to work just as hard or not harder. If there is not a point to using straps, then what is the point of FORCED REPS, Assisted Chins/DIPS, wrist wraps, elbow or knee sleeves, and even a WEIGHT BELT?

ANSWER: to get somewhere that you havent been by pushing limits that you otherwise wouldn't without any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwillstrong View Post
I'm just curious as to why you would strap up on farmers? I think you know that you cant strap up in competition, so why lift with them? I personally wouldn't strap up because really whats the point.
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote